Pages

Monday, August 11, 2014

Monday Made It!


Hi again! Today I'm linking up with Tara at 4th Grade Frolics for Monday Made It!

 As a teacher, I think everyday is a "made-it" day! Teachers are some of the busiest and craftiest (if that's a word?) people I know! Our to-do lists never end. With that said, here is a look at some of the things I have gotten checked off my to-do list :)


My first made it is really a re-made it. I've had this adorable pencil hanger in my room for the past two years. Well, I got married in April so that Miss needed to change to Mrs! A little sandpaper, a stencil, some black paint and viola!


As you all know, I am a looping 2nd/3rd grade teacher. Last year I taught 2nd, this year I am teaching my same kiddos in 3rd grade. At the end of the year we ventured outside and took these adorable chalk pictures! 

Since the summer is almost over and the kiddos only have a week left of summer I wanted to send them a little note letting them know how excited I was to spend another year with them.



My last made it was a work in progress over the summer. My school did a book study over the summer of Jan Richardson's The Next Step in Guided Reading.

 It was an amazing read! I know that this book will be my best friend this year and help me to take my reading instruction a step further. 
In Richardson's book, she suggests using a reader's notebook for each student during reading workshop. The notebook has everything the student needs for each part of the workshop including independent reading, reading response, mini-lessons, guided reading, and vocabulary. 
You can read more from Jan Richardson here.
I loved this idea! How convenient!? Last year I tried using interactive notebooks and I hated it! It took so much time to cut, fold, and glue. Not to mention that they looked awful and my OCD was having a fit! After reviewing the reader's notebook and all of its components I decided to spruce it up a little bit and make it my own! Here is a little peak at what my notebook looks like!


                                  

     

                         

I love the way it turned out and I know it's going to work great for my class this year! If you are interested in my version you can grab it here at my TPT store.


1 comment:

  1. I love the chalk pictures! So clever and thoughtful. I bet they loved getting a little mail before school starts.

    Cassie
    Funky in Fourth

    ReplyDelete